- The partridge in a pear tree is Jesus.
- The two turtle doves are the Old and New Testaments
- Three French hens stand for faith, hope and love.
- The four calling birds are the four Gospels.
- The five gold rings recall the first five books of the Old Testament, or the Pentateuch.
- The six geese a-laying stand for the six days of creation.
- The seven swans a-swimming represent the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- The eight maids a-milking are the eight Beatitudes.
- Nine ladies dancing are the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit.
- The ten lords a-leaping are the Ten Commandments.
- Eleven pipers piping represent the eleven faithful Apostles.
- Twelve drummers drumming symbolize the twelve points of doctrine in the Apostles Creed.
The Real 12 Days of Christmas: The Story by the Song by Helen Haidle
I pray you all have a blessed Christmas with family and friends as you celebrate the birth of the King!