Monday, May 11, 2015

It's Not a Sacrifice; It's an Investment!

This spring, I accepted a Call to The King's Academy, a ministry that began with its first worship service in 1996. The preschool began in 2003, and the elementary began in 2012. I am so excited to be a part of this brand-new ministry! They are in the midst of building a new sanctuary and five elementary classrooms as I write. A few weeks ago, I had the privilege of attending the teacher's gala. What a fabulous group of people serving the Lord! One of the parents stood up and thanked them for providing her daughter with a place where she could be nurtured in a Christian environment. The pastor stated, "Christian education is not a sacrifice, it is an investment!"



In preparation for this Call, I have the privilege of enjoying every teacher's dream: buying new classroom furniture! Many years ago, I remember designing a classroom from scratch in college. While my budget is a little more practical, I started to think about the items and spaces I would design in a 2015 classroom. That is the question I pose to you this week. If you could add one new item to your classroom, what would it be and how would it be used?

Have a blessed week in the Lord!