Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Monday Made It: Jesus and Germs

 Welcome to Monday Made It! Today's creation was inspired by the Jesus and Germs painting on Pinterest. (If you search those keywords, you will find a variety of designs and colors.) I thought this would be an adorable decoration near a classroom sink. My adventure started out with a trip to Michael's for supplies. They have several choices of canvas and stencils to choose from to vary size and font. I picked up some acrylic paints and three brushes. I recommend finding a brush that will fit inside your smallest stencil, a medium one for the larger letters, and a large brush to coat the canvas.


I stenciled the letters first. (Tip: Pencil does not erase from canvas well. Design first!)
 

The paint came next. I recommend starting with the lightest color first. Allow each coat to dry completely to avoid smudging. I put two coats on.


Finished project! Etsy, here I come! (Or not.) It was a great way to pass a summer day and add some color to my classroom next year.
 

Have you made any Monday Made Its? Leave a comment to share ideas! God's blessings on your week!